Writing about our memories and the greatness of Vallabh Vidyanagar, we still forget somethings as we generally do not come across, I figured that ( and you can add through this blog, many more such things):
1. The Great visionary, IAS officer, Reserve Bank of India Governor and then the Finance Minister of India, H.M.Patel, at the prime time of his career, had many offers to do great things in Central Government, but he choose to settle down in Vallabh Vidyanagar and nurture the town and its colleges, instead of lavishing in the plush offices and Bunglows of New Delhi, our Salutes to him, as with all those great possibilities, he was once the President of Vidyanagar Municipality.
2. Another Great visionary, who changed the telecom landscape and entire telecom industry in India, Mr. Sam Pitroda, having remained Technical Mission Chief and Adviser to Prime Minister of India, for 10+ years, till now, studied in Vallabh Vidynagar school, what an incredible basic imbibement of knowledge that school must have poured in him.
3. Vidyanagar has the oldest engineering college Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidyalaya, which was innagurated by the Lord Mountbatten of Burma, and such colleges has produces great personalities like Mr. Anil Naik, who head the largest Private Engineering company : Larsen & Toubro, in India having multi-billion $ Sales and Reserves and Surplus as well.
4. The confidence of the donors, in the simplicity in administration and honesty in working, got huge donations for entire colleges or post graduate departments, which is incredible in itself, today, when you move around Vidyanagar and New Vidyanagar, one may wonder, who names of donors are so prominently stated, but that is the culture to remember them and that kept encouraging many more donors and that's how the town kept on building itself as it grew.
5. The town is so green, that every one loves the greenery , there are 80 species of trees planted on roadside, it has perhaps the highest numbers of trees in the state of Gujarat and perhaps, maximum per person, as there are hardly 30,000 permanent residents of Vidyanagar, it is incredible in itself.
FRIENDS THESE ARE FEW UNIQUE INFO ,THAT ARE COMING TO MY MIND, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS BLOG, OR SEND US YOUR TEXT , THROUGH THE CONTACT US PAGE AS WELL AND WE SHALL BE PLEASED TO PUBLISH, ... Kam Patel
Kam Patel, having studied and lived in Vidyanagar is obsessed by the very name whenever discussed and calls